3.13.2012

I swear I'm not a slow reader...

but it took me nearly three months to finish this book:


And it was worth (nearly) every minute.  A wonderful work of historical fiction from the perspective of the infamous female (and last) pharaoh of Egypt, it makes the reader sympathize with the challenger of the Roman empire and possibly question her portrayal in (biased) Roman literature.  The book itself is HUGE and the pages are bible-page-thin, so it is A LOT to absorb.  That being said however, I did enjoy it immensely and look forward to reading more by Margaret George (ahem, The Autobiography of Henry VIII, with notes by his fool Will Somers, which will probably take another three months).


Running Update:  It was pretty gross outside this morning, so instead of braving it I went to the gym and rode a bike. At least I was able to re-do week 1 day 1.  So here's to sunny skies on Wednesday morning!

No comments: